How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 202, July 21: Bug Eyed

 My Top 10
Favorite Insects
I don't necessarily "like" to have all of these around, but they're the ones that fascinate me the most and hence are my favorites.
1. Praying Mantis: Just beats out the walking stick. Rarely have I come across one, but when I do, it's a momentous occasion.
2. Walking stick: I've probably seen more of these than I realize - unfortunately.
3. Monarch butterfly: So beautiful and majestic. I like a lot of butterflies, but around here, the monarch reigns.
4. Dragonfly: They really look like their name. I've caught a few in my time and stared at them as I held their wings together.
5. Grasshopper: They're so cool, leaping and flying from one place to another. Also tough to catch, it's been awhile since I grabbed one.
6. Lady bugs: They're so dang cute!
7. Stag beetle: Identifiable by their huge chompers. I've held some by the back and let them latch onto a twig with those chompers.
8. Black and yellow garden spider: As kids, we always thought they were poisonous. Biggest spider that is easy to spot, usually on a bush right by the front door. Creepy!
9. Wasp: Speaking of creepy. But the way they glide and make their nests is pretty cool.
10. Centipede: Perhaps the ultimate creepy, these harmless pests really enjoy old homes. Another fascinating bug with all its legs and speediness.

No comments:

Post a Comment