How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195, July 14: Jane Alice

Things I Loved
About My First Wife
I'm an unfortunate man whose first wife died of breast cancer, on this day (her birthday) eight years ago. And, while I'm very fortunate to have God send me another beautiful wife, my two sons and her close-knit family never were likewise blessed with a mom, daughter or sister. But this is a tribute, not a sob story. She has left a lasting legacy to all who knew her. 
These are things I loved about her:
1. She cared about everybody more 
than she cared about herself.
2. She loved bunnies.
3. Her courage and determination.
4. Her laugh, especially when it got out of control.
5. How she loved her sons more than anything in the world.
6. She always seemed to misplace our car keys, then I'd get mad 
at her and feel bad about getting mad.
7. Her family, and its unbelievable devotion to each other.
8. She was able to put up with my immaturity and childishness.
9. She loved dairy cow figurines, posters, photos or anything involving them.
10. She believed in God and Jesus as her savior, so I know 
she is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment