How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 183, July 2: Halfway Home

Half Things
I'm half a day past halfway through the year 2011 and my one year of blogging. Hope I have enough lists to finish out the second half.
Halfway through a run: This comes into play when I'm laboring during a run. When I reach the halfway point, I can psyche up to finish.
"I'll Meet You Halfway:" A pretty good song by the Partridge Family. Good enough to be one of seven on my iPod.
Halfcourt: A key spot on the basketball court, I occasionally still try making baskets from that distance and do hit a few.
Halfway through the work week: It's a relief to get past the Wednesday noon hour as I realize I'm halfway done. Work is tougher these days with the load we have.
Half-ass: I try to never do anything at this level, but I'm human so occasionally I do.
Halfway through a workout: Every other day, I try to lift weights and do 240 sit-ups. It takes about 40 minutes, so after 20 ... well, it's the homestretch.
Halftime: It can be a good thing - like when I'm playing in an alumni basketball game and need a break - or a bad thing - like when there's a great game on TV and you don't want it to stop.
Half hearted: A nicer term for half-ass.
Half moon: It can be so beautiful on certain nights.
Half in the bag: I don't get this way too often anymore. Perhaps a start toward achieving wisdom :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment