How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 194, July 13: A Kid in Summer

10 Things I Miss
About Being A Kid 
in the Summer
I'm not really that old, but too old to do these things. And, for whatever reason, I'm feeling a bit melancholy tonight, so this is my post.
1. Climbing high into a tree
2. Doing a full hand spring, or even two in a row
3. Clothes-pinning baseball cards in my bike tires
and riding as fast as I can
4. Getting a neighborhood game of tag or kick-the-can going
5. Going to the swimming pool and splashing the girls I thought I liked
6. Playing catch with Dad
7. Catching fireflies and putting them in a jar
(or night crawlers in a can)
8. Running around in the rain until I'm soaked
9. Scraping my knee, crying a bit and then showing it off later
10. Cuddling in my mother's arms after a long, hard day

1 comment:

  1. Good list. Here's hoping that kids today know at least some of these joys.

    ReplyDelete