How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187, July 6: Wisdom

 When Will I 
Achieve It?
I'm 54 and still unwise. If I could accomplish these 10 things, perhaps I will know the comfort and satisfaction of wisdom.
1. Be more patient: I know from experience that things I truly need will eventually come to me. Yet, I still become impatient.
2. Hold my temper: Often linked to impatience, I get very angry when seemingly simple things don't happen. Then I say or do things I regret.
3. Relax: I am a very antsy person, so I find it difficult to just take it easy and do nothing.
4. Stop being judgmental: I go through stretches of judging others and it impacts my outlook on life.
5. Stay in the moment: Often, my thoughts are on tomorrow or yesterday. I am working at experiencing this moment - writing this blog :-)
6. Proving my faith: I deeply believe in God and Jesus. Yet, I by not believing things will turn out the way they're supposed to, I show that my faith is lacking.
7. Stop worrying: An aspect of No. 5, it does me no good to worry about things I can't do anything about - at this moment.
8. Being more tolerant: Though I consciously try to do this, I could be better at it. Certainly Jesus was.
9. Getting more sleep: A very practical and "wise" thing to do, I sometimes waste waking hours watching a tube.
10. Following the Golden Rule: If I - and everyone else - would do this more often, what a wonderful world we would have. Alas, we're human and must work at it. The reward is worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment