How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30, Jan. 30: Sticky Floors

Favorite Young
Movie Experiences
Our movie club just went to see "The King's Speech." Great film-making and acting, but it only ranks about fifth on my favorites list of 2010. As we sat in the Mindframe Theater, I realized the venue we were in was almost identical to the size and shape of the theater of my childhood. Here are younger movie memories:
1. Handing over two quarters to the old guy in the ticket window
and finally going to a showing without Mom or Dad.
2. Walking the length of a middle row and tossing  paper wads 
into the face of Nancy, the preteen girl I liked.
3. Holding my tennis shoes down on the sticky floor
and picking them back up to make a cool noise.
4. Buying Cherry Drops, Junior Mints and Twizzlers,
and wondering why anybody would buy popcorn.
5. Being old enough to fully appreciate the  Road Runner
during the pre-movie cartoons.
6. Getting told by the old guy at the ticket window
to move back to my own seat after getting in trouble.
7. Watching junior high classmates Ron and Karen smooch.
8. Sitting in the front row, noticing holes in the floor
where other seats used to be and imagining
 how cool  it would be to sit even closer.
9. Rolling Cherry Drops down the floor
and wondering how many rows they would go.
10. Waiting for Mom to pick me up out front
after the movie ended, thinking I was pretty grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment