How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12, Jan. 12: Meatless Mondays ...

... Jim Style
Swensons have to have their meat. It's handed down from my dad Lee, from his dad Sigurd all the way back to Erik the Red, I'm sure. But Kris suggested I join her in Meatless Mondays. One day - just one! - where we wouldn't eat meat. I had trouble thinking of things I'd eat instead, especially for dinner. She said Google "Meatless Monday." So I did. Here are 10 probably very appetizing options I found among dozens - and I wouldn't touch any of them. (I've been called "fussy" at times). After that, I came up with 10 I could live with - seriously.
Most are pretty healthy, too!
Menu ideas from Googling                                      
"Meatless Mondays" 
* Acorn Squash Chickpea Bulgur                                                   
* Beet, Pear & Endive Salad
* Currie Lentils with Mint Rice
* Eggplant Zucchini Bean Loaf
* Nutty Vegetable Saute
* Pinto-Bean Falfafel with Avocado
* Quinon Zucchini Burgers
* Roasted Pepper Pecan Pesto Pasta
* Sauteed Artichokes in Lemon
* Zesty Cabbage Curry

Menu ideas from Jim's
fussy taste buds (add glass of milk to any of them)
* Peanut Butter "Wheat" Toast and Bananas
* Big plate of Caesar Salad with Croutons, Tomatoes and Cucumbers
* "The Orange Special:" Toasted "Wheat" Cheese Sandwich, Carrots and Cheetos
* Bean Soup with Ham Flavoring, Pineapple and glass of "Wheat" Beer
* Fried Egg "Wheat" Toasted Sandwiches and Strawberries
* A bunch of Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts and a small bag of Famous Amos Cookies
* "Movie Night Special:" Medium-sized Mindframe Theater Buttered Popcorn and Milk Duds
* Two Scrambled Eggs, Two Slices of "Wheat" Toast and Celery Sticks
* Big Bowl of Honey Nut Hy-Vee Tasteeos, Peaches and Carrots.
* Fried Potatoes, Beans, Fritoes, Pineapple and glass of "Wheat" Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment