How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25, Jan. 25: Super Bowls

 My Favorite Super Bowls
I've seen every Super Bowl. Many of them are forgettable. In fact, when I went through the list,
I had a tough time finding more than a dozen I really liked. It doesn't help
that I dislike the Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers - that eliminates many.
My beloved Green Packers will play in their fifth Super Bowl in two weeks.
So, I thought it fitting to list my all-time favorites.
 1. Super Bowl XXXI (1997) Packers 35, Patriots 21 (Great win over a hated team. Had a nice party at my house, and saw Brett Favre, Antonio Freeman and Desmond Howard at their best.)
2. Super Bowl XXXIV (2000) Rams 23, Titans 16 (Almost the only OT in SB history. Titan Kevin Dyson tackled at the 1-yard line by Mike Jones as time ran out.)
3. Super Bowl XXIII (1989) 49ers 20, Bengals 16 (Watching QB Joe Montana direct that game-winning 92-yard drive in the last 3:20 ...
it was breath-taking.)
4. Super Bowl XXXII (1998) Broncos 31, Packers 24 (The outcome wasn't great, but at least we made it. And, unlike many people,
I thought John Elway was OK)
5. Super Bowl XX (1986) Bears 46, Patriots 10 (I don't HATE the Bears. In fact, this season, as a sports reporter, I talked to many during preseason camp in Platteville, Wis.)
6. Super Bowl XLII (2008) Giants 17, Patriots 14 (Great game and, believe it or not, I was sad the Patriots didn't go undefeated. The only team I hate more is the loud-mouth 1972 Dolphins.)
7. Super Bowls I & II (1967/1968) Packers 35, Chiets 10 and Packers 33, Raiders 14 (I was so young, these two blend together.
I remember my dad celebrating.)
8. Super Bowl XLIII (2009) Steelers 27, Cardinals 23 (Very competitive game down to the wire. And, I'm a Kurt Warner fan.)
9. Super Bowl III (1969) Jets 16, Colts 6 (I was old enough to admire Joe Namath living up to his pre-game prediction and knowing the Packers hadn't lost to the AFL the two years before.)
10. Super Bowl XIII (1979) Steelers 35, Cowboys 31 (Yes, I don't like either team, but this was a wild and crazy game. It's still the most points scored by a losing team.)





No comments:

Post a Comment