How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2, Jan. 2: The T-shirts off my back


The second day of the year already. I own far too many T-shirts, but I've had many memorable ones.
My favorite T-shirts of all-time
A gray Boston Red Sox T-shirt from my only trip to Fenway Park, 2 years ago. (Took my son!)
A maroon Scrabble T-shirt that says ‘You can’t spell “awesome” without me.
A black, 1981 spring break T-shirt with a slogan from a tequila bottle. (And I hate tequila!)
A tight-fitting, very soft skin-colored T-shirt worn only under long-sleeved shirts.
A 1970s blue-and-white Kerr McGee slow-pitch softball T-shirt. (We were good!)
An olive-colored San Diego Zoo T-shirt with a huge gorilla on the back.
My bright orange, youth baseball T-shirt. (We were the Orioles.)
A 1994 Wisconsin Rose Bowl champions T-shirt. (We won! I covered it for a newspaper.)
A gray 1990s St. Louis Cardinals T-shirt. (I coached a LL team called the Cardinals.)
A T-shirt from a breast-cancer, fundraising 10K run with my first wife’s photo on the back. (It’s too sad to be higher)

1 comment:

  1. I'll link to your blog from Route 1. Hey, it couldn't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete