How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3, Jan. 3: Homes So Sweet


I've lived in my share of interesting homes in my life. Here are my most unique:

A mobile home in Gillette, Wyo., in 1981. Shared it with a crusty, but cool, red-bearded railroad man named Joe.
Current Georgian Revival home on Hill Street in Dubuque with wife, Kris.
It's more than 100 years old and has had funerals in it.
Alone, in the basement of a Stoughton, Wis., home owned by little old lady, 1979-80.
It's where I heard that John Lennon was shot.
Half of a duplex near the Snake River in Idaho Falls, Ida., in 1982.
Skinny-dipped in the Snake with a woman on her birthday.
A Stoughton-area farm house as a child in the the 1960s.
Broke my leg at age 4 when a shed door fell on me.
A modern apartment complex just outside of Fulton, Mo., in 1980.
Shared it with another journalist named Ed.
Another old Dubuque house on a hill, lower apartment, mid 1980s.
Great little basketball court in the back.
A little rented home on a highway near Kieler, Wis., late 1980s.
My two sons were brought back from the hospital to this home.
An older haunted home on Page Street, Stoughton, early 1970s.
To this day, my mom insists it was haunted when we lived there.
A home in rural Stoughton that my dad mostly built.
We left it in the early '70s and moved to the haunted house. 

2 comments:

  1. And the infamous Swenson "brown house" didn't even make the cut! Lived there while in kindergarten and first grade. My dad liked to move a lot, which rubbed off on me for many years.

    ReplyDelete