How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14, Jan. 14: Contempory television

Favorite TV shows:
1985-present
For the most part, I don't like contemporary TV. I am not interested in ANY reality shows, which eliminates a huge portion of what is offered these days. Most of the comedies are too raunchy for my taste. The dramas are too dramatic. I watch old shows, movies, sports and the political channels. Still, I found 10 programs from the past 25 years - as long as I've been in Dubuque. I've also listed 10 popular programs that I have no interest in seeing a single episode.
Favorites
1. Early Edition (involved the newspaper industry
and the whole family could watch)
2. Seinfeld (I was a late-comer to this classic,
which is great in reruns, too.)
3. The Wonder Years (Kevin and Winnie ...
another great family program)
4. Arrested Development (NOT for the whole family,
but Kris and I love watching it together on our DVDs)
5. Seventh Heaven (my young boys loved it
and learned some great lessons)
6. Scrubs (Kris got me hooked - for a while - on this.
I think of her every time I happen across a rerun
while working the remote)
7. Coach (sports was the draw,
but the characters were very good)
8. The Simpsons (not a regular viewer,
but when I watch, I laugh)
9. Married With Children (I know, it's raunchy, politically incorrect,
sexist ... but I'm not perfect)
10. The Office (not a regular viewer, I could some day
see myself buying the DVDs)
Shows I've Never Seen
and have no interest in seeing
CSI (in any city)   Desperate Housewives
Everybody Loves Raymond   Family Guy
Friends     Lost     Mad Men
The West Wing   24   X-Files
My absolute least favorite, even when I accidentally come upon it for 1 second: Roseanne.




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely *ADORE* "Arrested Development," and I also watch it religiously on DVD.

    ReplyDelete