How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21, Jan. 21: '50s Women

My Favorite 1950s
Songs by Females
1. "The Wayward Wind," by Gogi Grant
(I've liked it since I was a kid - in the '60s)
2. "Tennessee Waltz," by Patti Page (Kris gave me this one on a CD;
one of my all-time favorites to whistle to)
3. "Secret Love," by Doris Day (Soaring and sentimental)
4. "Walking After Midnight," by Patsy Cline
(she has the most on my Top 20 of this list)
5. "Let Me Go Lover," Teresa Brewer (Heart-breaker)
6. "Que Sera, Sera," by Doris Day 
(Figured prominently in an Alfred Hitchcock film)
7. "Crazy," by Patsy Cline (Her greatest hits are great)
8. "Tammy," by Doris Day (Very pleasant)
9. "I'm Sorry," by Brenda Lee (Another tear-jerker)
10. "Who's Sorry Now," by Connie Francis (Has a 1960s feel to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment