How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 243, Aug. 31: Control Z

10 Things I Always Wish
I Could Reverse and Do Over
I stole this idea from a Facebook post by my TH employee Rachel Gull. She wished she could just hit Control Z on her keyboard for a do over with her hair. If only life could be controlled with the key strokes of a computer. There was an online 2009 TV series called "Ctrl" that had this premise. Kris got me hooked on it. Each "episode" was only about 10 minutes long. Pretty interesting.
Driving too fast ... and seeing the flashing lights of a police car behind me (it hasn't happened in a long while)
Tipping over a bottle of something while out with friends in a public place. (No, I'm NOT drunk!)
Saying something I'm pretty sure will get a negative reaction from Kris. (Ouch!)
Bumping my head and leaving a lasting mark on my bald spot. (Double ouch!)
Losing my temper when I can't find something and cussing - just before I find it. (Patience escapes me.)
Going in for a driving basketball layup in a crowded lane and rolling my ankle on someone's foot (it's happened three times and I painfully regretted it)
Having a "nightcap" when I knew full well that I had had enough (it's happened MORE than three times and I've painfully regretted it)
Spending a few hours out in the sun - even if it's not that hot - without suntan lotion (I've got baby-bottom sensitive skin!)
Eating one too many desserts at Thanksgiving (I become more stuffed than the turkey ... and it hurts!)
Writing a provocative column just to provoke people (Wait - I COULD have hit control Z for those times; I'm my own worst enemy sometimes)

1 comment:

  1. Remember my prediction that you'd eventually get down to your favorite keys on your keyboard? Well, to be fair, you picked good keys for this list.

    ReplyDelete