How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 220, Aug. 8: Monkey Business

 My All-Time Favorite
Monkey-Related Things
I saw and really liked the new movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" this weekend. Then, I had an email conversation with my friend, Al, which ultimately led to this new post.
1. Monkey cage at Madison Zoo: Those little guys were so cool when I'd see them as a kid. They always seemed to be grooming each other or running around playing.
2. Planet of the Apes movies: The 1968 original is my favorite. The one I saw this weekend might be 2nd. Guess I'll have to watch them all again!
3."Monkey Business:" This 1931 Marx Brothers film made my Top 200 list (July 17). 
4. Barrel of Monkeys: This toy was a lot of fun - for a short while. It also had a fun bit part in one of the Toy Story movies.
5. The Monkees: OK, so I'm cheating a little. But I liked this 1960s band quite a bit - even if they couldn't spell.
6. King Kong: I've seen several versions, but like the one with Jeff Bridges, Charles Grodin and Jessica Lange (1976) the best.
7. Monkey See, Monkey Do: Or, Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Say No Evil. I've always been fascinated by this saying and the pictures of the 3 monkeys.
8. Cheetah: I'm not a huge fan of Tarzan movies, but Cheetah was always pretty cool.
9. "Monkey to Man": A cool 2004 song by Elvis Costello on my iTunes list.
10. Gorilla costumes: There have been some memorably bad and funny ones in various movies and especially TV shows.

1 comment:

  1. No mention of an organ grinder cranking a hurdy gurdy on the street while his monkey does tricks and begs for coins?

    My favorite monkey-related thing is how often monkeys show up on episodes of "The Simpsons." It's as if whenever they get stuck writing a script someone chimes in, "Let's add a monkey and see what happens."

    ReplyDelete