How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 214, Aug. 2: On Wisconsin!

My Top 10 Favorite
Wisconsin Towns
Besides my hometown of Stoughton, these are my favorite Badger State communities or cities.
1. Madison: Even though I am very fed up with its extreme liberal leanings (my friend Mark says it's worse than it's ever been), this city has too much to offer to drop lower than No. 1 - at least yet. I don't think I could live there anymore.
2. LaCrosse: It's just such a beautiful town on the Mississippi River and it's big enough to keep you occupied. Would have liked working for the Tribune. Kris and I spent a nice weekend there once.
3. Milwaukee: Too big for me to want to live there, it's still our "big city" and an escape from the rural areas.
4. Kieler: Tiny place where the family of my late wife grew up. Got married there. Spent some good times in the Greenhouse Tavern.4. Platteville: I've done lots with family and friends in this town since moving to Dubuque 26 years ago.
5. (tie) New Glarus: Very cool little community which lives up its Swiss heritage and it has a great brewery.
5. (tie) Platteville: I've spent many good times with relatives and friends in this town since moving to Dubuque 26 years ago.
6. Janesville: My brother and my mom both lived there for many years and it's got a lot going for it.
7. Green Bay: If I had just gone there more often, it would likely rank higher. Go Pack!
8. Lake Geneva: Just a beautiful place nestled on the lake. Spent some good and sad times there.
9. Baraboo: Located near beautiful Devil's Lake, it also boasts the Circus World Museum.
10. (tie) Spring Green: Another awesomely beautiful area, it's known for Frank Lloyd Wright buildings.
10. (tie) Wisconsin Dells: Too touristy to rank higher, it nonetheless is a place that is fun to visit once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment