How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 231, Aug. 19: Sports Feats

My Top 10 Favorite
Things to do in Sports
My son, Jay, gave me this suggestion. He says it's a good conversation starter. What are the 10 things I get the most satisfaction out of doing while participating in sports. (Some of these I'm too old to experience anymore, but I've done all of them more than once.)
1. Running down a fly ball in softball or baseball 
that has been hit over my head.
2. Running down a long pass in football and catching it 
on my fingertips ahead of a defender.
3. Taking a jump shot in basketball over the out stretched hands 
of a defender and watching it swish.
4. Seeing a curve ball all the way to my bat and watching it fly into the outfield for a single (I believe this happened exactly 
two or three times in my career)
5. Running along on Heritage Trail and feeling so good, 
I run an extra mile or two than I had planned.
6. Completing a fast-break by laying in the basketball with my left hand.
7. Hitting a golf ball off the tee on a par 3 hole and seeing it land 
on the green (this happens very rarely anymore 
as I seldom golf and am too rusty to accomplish it)
8. Making a diving stab of a grounder while playing second base and getting up in time to throw the runner out (the last time I did this 
was as a 40-something year-old in a family softball tournament 
in Kieler about 12 years ago)
9. Running down a shot in racquetball after jumping off the side of the wall (it's been a long, long time since I've done this)
10. Serving up an ace in tennis against somebody 
who is better than I am.
Thanks, Jay. This brought back a lot of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment