How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 239, Aug. 27: Burgers

My Top 10 Favorite
Hamburgers
My family was full of fussy eaters, from my dad on down all four of us kids. So, we often ate hamburgers for supper. In fact, the rare times we'd order out, it often was from Bob & Bonnie's Pizza - but, we ordered hamburgers!
1. Red Robin Banzai Burger: One of their specialties, this one includes pineapple!
2. Westside Tap burger: A bar in Dubuque. I often order one at Dubuque ... And All That Jazz nights.
3. Bob & Bonnie's burger: Nothing came close to this one as I was growing up in Stoughton, Wis.
4. Burger King Double-cheeseburger: Best of the fast-food variety.
5. Culver's butter burger: Too rich for me to have too often, 
but a special treat.
6. Kalmes Breaktime Bar & Grill burger: Another Dubuque spot, I've only had it once, but plan to go again.
7. Le Tub burger: Also only had this once, during a trip to the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., area to see Aunt Laura and friend Carol. It ranks nationally as a place to eat a burger.
8. Champp's burger: My favorite from the common sports bars.
9. McDonald's quarter-pounder: Quick and easy, and the only one I'll eat from this place (no onions or cheese, please)
10. A&W hamburger: Don't eat here too often, but when I do, have to get a mug of root beer to wash down the burger.

1 comment:

  1. Swen-
    Get thee to Durty Gurts (sp?) in Galena. Up at north end of town where House of China used to be. You'll be glad you did.

    BH

    ReplyDelete