How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 225, Aug. 13: Give Me the Remote

My Favorite
TV Channels
There's not a network channel on my list which, if you've read other posts, shouldn't surprise you. I'm saddened the History Channel doesn't make the cut, but its programming has changed for the worse - in my opinion. 
1. ESPN/ESPN2: It's my fallback. I guess sports is a reality show in some ways, one that isn't scripted. You never really know who's going to win or who's going to be a loser.
2. TCM: Turner Classic Movies, a channel Kris and I can often share. It can be hit or miss, and I seldom watch an entire movie start to finish, but I always surf to it early in my routine.
3. The Weather Channel: When you check this "on the eights" enough, it deserves to be ranked high. And I always stop to watch anything involving tornadoes.
4. Big 10 Network: Doesn't rank as high during the slower seasons, but it's must-see TV during basketball and football seasons.
5. C-SPAN: Last year, this wouldn't have been in my Top 10. But my interest in Fox and MSNBC have seriously dropped, and CNN is close to falling by the wayside, too.
6. THIS: A newer channel, it's my new favorite nostalgic-type option. Nick at Night, The Family Channel and TVLand have completely dropped out. Contemporary reality crap and awful '90s reruns sneaking in.
7. Comcast Sports: Offers a lot of good Chicago-related games and a few other sports nuggets.
8. TNT: Offers some pretty good movies and ranks just barely higher than AMC.
9. AMC: American Movie Classics. Used to rank higher, but it has more commercials now than some of the network channels.
10. CNN: It tries hard to be unbiased, but still leans left. But it's better than MSNBC or Fox.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment