How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 238, Aug. 26: Behind Center

 My All-Time Top 10
Favorite Quarterbacks
I'm in Omaha for a wedding on Kris' side of the family. Nebraska high school football opened tonight. I'm very excited about the upcoming season - since my fantasy baseball team is bad - and it got me to thinking about my favorite QBs.
1. Brett Favre, Packers: I've lost as much respect for him as the next Packers fan, but he's still my favorite QB on the field.
2. Joe Montana, 49ers: Not only was he great, he always struck me as being a classy person.
3. Bart Starr, Packers: I was pretty young when he retired, but he left a lasting impression.
4. John Elway, Broncos: Another great player who I enjoyed watching - except the 1998 Super Bowl when he beat the Packers.
5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: He's growing on me quickly. Could move up before his career is over.
6. Johnny Unitas, Colts: The old-fashioned QB with the high-top spikes, Unitas was a winner.
7. Peyton Manning, Colts: Very steady and had the endurance of Favre - until this season, apparently.
8. Kurt Warner, Rams: An underdog type of player who made it big. And I appreciate his open Christian beliefs.
9. Boomer Esiason, Bengals: His back story with his son, Gunnar, and cystic fibrosis tugs at me as much as his stats impressed me.
10. Fran Tarkenton, Vikings: I didn't enjoy watching him scramble against the Packers, but I couldn't help but be impressed by his athleticism.

1 comment:

  1. I'll add a few mostly old ones for your consideration:
    1. Bradbury Robinson
    2. Arnie Herber
    3. Sammy Baugh
    4. Otto Graham
    5. Terry Bradshaw

    ReplyDelete