How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 219, Aug. 7: Nature's Beauty

 My Top 10
Favorite Flowers
Kris suggested tonight's list. I immediately asked if dandelions count. She said no, but I really think they're pretty and they smell good. Plus, I don't think I can come up with a Top 10 favorite weeds.
1. Roses: I hate (hate!) to be in the majority when it comes to lists, but the combination of beauty and fragrance puts the rose 
at the top of my list.
2. Lilacs: Another common flower that is pretty and smells good. I've had two wives who love it when I pick a vaseful of these in the spring and set it on the dining room table.
3. Impatiens: I have planted these annuals a few times out front on Hill Street. One of many colorful flowers I love.
4. Tulips: So colorful, so uniquely shaped. I've planted many of these since moving to Hill Street, too.
5. Lilies: They make me think of Easter, a wonderful time of year.
6. Carnations: You can tell I like colorful flowers. These are beauties.
7. Dandelions: Sorry, Kris. Along with being pretty and smelling good, it's fun to shoot them off their stems!
8. Chrysanthemums: See No. 5.
9. Daisies: A pure, simple and eye-catching flower.
10. Gladiolas: I don't see them around much, but I like the colors and unusual shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment