How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 331, Nov. 27: Sprinting

10 Times I Remember
Running Very Fast
Chalk this up to one of my strange lists, but I was thinking about this the other day after realizing I seldom run very fast anymore - at least for very long. I miss it.
Hotel hallways: Strange list, strange memory. When the boys were young and we'd stay in a hotel, I would sometimes sprint down a long hallway, feet flying high and feeling as fast as I've ever felt.
My last cross country race: It was a high school sectional and to avoid finishing dead last, I sprinted as hard as I could with as much as I had left. I beat about 15 runners or so.
While being chased: On a Halloween night in high school, four friends and I got some bigger guys mad enough 
to chase us through a neighborhood.
Playing pickup football: My down-out-and-down move as a receiver led me often to my sprinting past my defender 
to catch the "bomb" pass for a touchdown.
Up-and-down the stairs: Chasing our new cats Leah and Woody (or being chased by them). I know 25 years ago I would have sprinted up and down faster, but I'm going as fast as I can which is enough.
The 50-yard dash: As part of the school physical fitness test, this was a pure sprint for time. I never was that fast, 
but I've always been "quick."
From garage to house: For the heck of it, I'll often sprint the 10-12 yards after bringing out the garbage or something. Really!
Racing kids in the old neighborhoods: I'd win a few, lose a few.
At the end of a run: Occasionally while finishing off a rare run where nothing hurts, I'll run as fast as I can down the last hill on Third Street. It reminds me of my last cross country race.
Chasing my dad: Though this happened rarely because he was usually too sore from work, it's a fond memory from my early childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment