How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 314, Nov. 10: Current Politics

10 Things About Politicians
That I Wanted or Want to Believe
I’m slowly losing my faith in politicians, left, right and center (I know many people who have lost ALL faith by now). As I weigh my options with the Iowa Caucuses just a couple of months away, my faith isn’t exactly invigorated and I have real problems believing any of the following:
  1. I wanted to believe that President Obama would offer real change through more transparency, non-partisanship and less rhetoric.
  2. I wanted to believe at least some members of Congress would defy the party line on at least some important issues to get something done.
  3. I want to believe someone else in the Democratic Party will run against Obama to offer another option.
  4. I want to believe Mitt Romney is not a flip-flopper.
  5. I want to believe Herman Cain is telling the truth.
  6. I want to believe his accusers are telling the truth.
  7. I want to believe Rick Perry is more polished away from the debate floor.
  8. I want to believe some of Ron Paul’s better ideas will be implemented.
  9. I want to believe the Congressional Super Committee will get something done.
  10. I want to believe that somebody, somewhere will actually make a difference as our next president and change the dire direction our country is heading.

1 comment:

  1. See "60 Minutes" tonight? You should have made more room for Congress in your list.

    ReplyDelete