How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 310, Nov. 6: Homework

My 10 Favorite
School Subjects
These are all from high school or junior high school. I'm one of those rare people who have fonder memories of those school years than of college.
1. Algebra: I loved the way the numbers worked, and it was more challenging than regular math, but not as tough as advanced math.
2. History of the West: Taught by a wonderful teacher named Mr. Lawrence, this class was so cool and fun.
3. Myth & the Bible: A fascinating class taught by Mr. Fortney. He helped me realize that there was nothing wrong with contemplating my faith beliefs, which helped me to grow.
4. Creative writing: You'd think this would rank higher, but my recollection is it was more stringent than I liked.
5. Journalism: Also lower-than-expected, I took it as a sophomore and was surrounded by juniors and seniors; took some of the fun out of it. But I did become the sports editor of the school paper
The Parrot when I was a senior.
6. Mystery Novels: Yes, all we did was read Poirot and Holmes stories, then take tests on them. 
7. Gym: I love being athletic, but too often in this class, the sport wasn't to my liking and we had to shower after getting all sweaty
... a big hassle.
8. Typing: It provided the "keys" to my future!
9. Civics: I not only learned so much about government, but I also was taught how to organize note-taking - another valuable asset 
to my entire life.
10. Music: Up through eighth grade, I really enjoyed singing in class. Then my voice changed and I became too self-conscious.
Honorable mention: Shop class: I was horrible at making things, but putting on goggles and watching classmates goof around was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment