How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 319, Nov. 15: Feet First

Most Memorable Things 
I've Worn on My Feet
Most of these are sports related, but that's me, I guess.
Bowling socks: Yes, it says bowling on them and they were a gift from Kris when I revived my bowling career for a year a couple years ago.
Swimming flippers: Haven't worn them often in my life, but they're the goofiest looking things ...
High-top, 1960s era football cleats: They were hand-me-downs for us early 1970s junior high football players.
An awkward contraption overnight to help heal a bout of Plantar Fasciitis
Water skis and snow skis: Similar, but quite different, they're tough to get used to at first (haven't worn them in decades)
Blue crocs: Strange-looking soft shoes with holes in them. Never really got into them as a habit.
Medical tape and wrap for a couple of weeks for a broken bone on the top of my foot
First real authentic pair
of competitive basketball sneakers. They felt so cool and I could cut and jump and run so fast.
Cross country racing shoes: They weighed about an ounce and had very sharp spikes beneath the toes.
Heavy winter boots: I've got this pair I've had for probably 20 years that don't require shoes. My feet fit snugly in and make it a joy to shovel snow (at least the first few snowfalls!)

1 comment:

  1. I see no mention of wearing winter galoshes as a kid. Thought you might be one of those rebels who clinked around with unbuckled galoshes, but now I'm thinking you were instead one of those incorrigibles who wore no galoshes at all. Oh, how us conformists envied you and your soggy shoes.

    ReplyDelete