How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 307, Nov. 3: Being a Boss

5 Good Things and 5 Bad
About Me as a Boss
I enjoy being a manager and can list more good than bad qualities. But I wouldn't say I was the best one around. Still, I can look myself in the mirror and say that I've tried to be fair in running things in a Christian-like manner. And, I don't believe I've ever had an employee who really disliked me. I'm happy about that.
Good qualities
1. I am willing to cut some slack.
2. I'm not afraid to point out problems that recur.
3. I do my fair share of the grunt work.
4. I keep a sense of humor.
5. I go to bat for my employees.
6. I'm organized.
7. I'm willing to allow risk-taking.
Bad qualities
1. I don't praise enough.
2. I delegate a little too much.
3. It's hard for me to lay down the law.
4. I can be forgetful.
5. I don't get to know the personal lives of my employees as much as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment