How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 306, Nov. 2: Movies by the Number

 My 10 Favorite Films
With a Number in Their Name
This list doesn't include sequels that carry 2, 3, II, etc. It's just a fun list that took a few minutes to research. I've put them in numerical order.
"The Sixth Sense:" I was completely fooled the first time I saw it and found a couple inconsistencies the second time.
"Eight Men Out:" Doesn't quite make my favorite sports movie list but is good enough to make this one.
"12 Angry Men:" Just an awesome drama, set in the confines of a jury room. It's between this one and the next one if I had to pick 
a No. 1 in this list.
"Sixteen Candles:" No matter how often I see it, I laugh out loud at some of the parts. Though it gets a bit crude, it's also sweet in the end.
"28 Days Later:" A modern horror flick (2002), this one had my heart pumping and my mind racing.
"50 First Dates:" There are all kinds of holes in this Adam Sandler film, but there's also a lot of fun and sentimentality.
"61*:" A very good sports movie about Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle and their attempt to beat Babe Ruth's single season 
home run record of 61.
"101 Dalmatians:" A great animated flick, it was one of the first I ever saw in a theater. I loved all of the puppies, but was freaked out 
by the wicked witch.
"3:10 to Yuma:" One of my favorite Westerns, it was cool watching how a modern director (2007) would handle it.
"(500) Days of Summer:" A creative 2009 chick-flick type of film, it followed the relationship of a young modern couple going back and forth to the days they were together.

1 comment:

  1. "High Noon" (Noon is sort of a number, no?)
    "Miracle on 34th Street" (Missed it? With Christmas bearing down on us?)
    "Seven Chances" (Buster Keaton)
    "Seven Samurai" (Definitely not Buster Keaton.)
    "Seven Year Itch" (ditto)
    "Million Dollar Baby" (Most tragic numbers film.)
    "If I Had A Million" (W. C. Fields)
    "Ocean's Eleven" (And the others.)
    "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" (Heavenly)
    "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" (Rest)

    ReplyDelete