How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 320, Nov. 16: Neglected Food

Top 10 Things That Don't 
Get Eaten in the Fridge
Most of these things are from my past, but some still tend to sit so long, they spoil.
1. Sour cream: I couldn't count the number of old sour cream containers I've opened to find mold inside.
2. Pickles: Regardless of what kind, we'd always seem to eat them when we first bought them, then they'd sit and rot.
3. Sandwich meat: Ditto to No. 2. I guess I ate so many cold meat sandwiches as a kid, I can't handle too many now.
4. Salsa: This often ends up getting moldy before I am able to finish it or throw it out.
5. Lettuce: It doesn't have a long fridge life, so if I forget to eat it a couple of days, it gets all slimy and brown.
6. Leftover casseroles: There's only a few I even like fresh, so these have often been eaten by the garbage disposal before I finish them.
7. Frozen ice pops: I know, it's the freezer, but these seemed to always outlive their welcome.
8. Apples: I never put them in the fridge before marrying Kris. Now, if we get a big batch, some will sit in there for a long, long time.
9. Hot dogs: Fortunately, these things never seem to rot.
10. Sherbet: Another freezer item, it just always got too tangy after one or two bowls, so it would be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment