How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 327, Nov. 23: Worshipping

10 Interesting Places
I've Worshipped
Chalk another one up to Al for this suggestion. Not sure if I'll get 10 interesting ones or not.
1. A Boston Cathedral: I was visiting my friend, Mark, over Easter weekend when he lived in Boston. It was a huge Catholic church that really left an impression.
2. In a farm field: We had some Masses in the fields during the Richard family reunions when I was first married. It was a nice bonding experience.
3. Dubuque St. Luke's Methodist Church: It's known for its amazing Tiffany Glass windows and historic organ. Its recent remodeling has made it even more beautiful. I was married here.
4. Dubuque Arboretum: Our St. Luke's holds an annual service here and, though Kris and I don't always attend it, the setting is quite beautiful.
5. Dubuque St. Raphael Cathedral: The oldest Catholic church in town, it's also a very powerful place to worship.
6. At basketball camp: I joined hundreds of high school athletes joined together for worship in the bleachers of a football field at St. Olaf College.
7. Doniphan, Mo., Baptist Church: While visiting a girl friend when I worked in Fulton, Mo., we went to church and I was exposed to a very charismatic service.
8. Stoughton's "second" First Lutheran Church: After going to church in an old building for several years, it was very cool attending services at the newly built building.
9. Kieler Immaculate Conception: I was married there and its modest interior has its own charm.
10. Asbury Lutheran Church: I attended this small facility a few times when I first moved to Dubuque, before converting to Catholicism, before converting to Methodist.

No comments:

Post a Comment