How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 302, Oct. 29: Mad-Town

 My 10 Favorite Things
About Going to Madison
I've already mentioned in a previous post that Madison was my favorite Wisconsin city. Here are 10 reasons why.
1. It's usually on a trip with Kris (though today, I managed to get on her nerves - sadly only hours before I told her how well 
we travel together. Sorry, kls)
2. State Street. You can't help but like this unique stretch of shops and people. And the view of the Capitol is quite impressive.
3. The Capitol. It's really quite magnificent, a lookalike to our nation's capitol (though purposely a few inches shorter in respect to D.C.)
4. Henry Vilas Zoo. For the size of the city, this zoo is top-notch. It includes all of the main animals in a nice, clean layout. 
And it's still free!
5. Camp Randall Stadium. I've seen many great (and horrible) games there over the years. And it looks very imposing 
when no game is being played.
6. West Towne. This almost always is a stop for Kris and I. It's a classic mall with lots of diverse shoppers and stores.
7. East Towne. I don't get there very much anymore, but it was my hot spot as a young driver and on rare trips.
8. Sundance Shopping Center. This has moved into my Top 10 in just the past couple of years. It's a place Kris and I almost always stop, as we did today on a beautiful sunny day.
9. The Beltline. It's not exactly fun all of the time, but boy you can make time on it and it brings back memories of cruising 
with the boys in high school.
10. The drive from Dubuque. What used to take a solid two hours with slowdowns in several towns now takes 20-30 minutes less. The southwest Wisconsin countryside is beautiful and often includes what Kris and I call "cow conventions."

No comments:

Post a Comment