How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 284, Oct. 11: Mindboggling

 10 Things That Amaze Me
About Our Universe
Kris and I have talked about the relationship between God and science. We both agree that they can co-exist. Of course, I am more awed by God's amazing creations than I am of anything a scientist could explain to me. That's just me.
1. The galaxies: I don't stare up at the stars as much as I used to, so I am missing out on pondering the seemingly endless universe. We WILL visit it some day; if not here, in eternity.
2. Our brains: Regardless of how much we use, it's an amazing thing that I often have trouble controlling. I am most happy when it is directed by my heart.
3. The oceans: They are so vast and seemingly as impossible to fully explore as the universe. I would love to see what's at the bottom of the deepest depths. I will.
4. The weather: The more we try to predict or control it, the more it seems to do what it wants. And somehow, through droughts, floods and storms, it's kept us alive.
5. Stars: How many have planets orbiting them? How many of those planets have life? It's an awesome thing to think about.
6. Our circulatory system: It's way over my head, but I still often ponder its amazing life-sustaining ability. I've seen space photos of the earth and microscopic photos of our bloodstreams and it's interesting how similar they are.
7. Trees: Most people take these for granted (except for environmentalists, of course) but I often study them from different views. Lone trees in farm fields are the most interesting.
8. Birds: Another thing we take for granted sometimes, they provide a sense of comfort with their chirps, their presence and their beauty.
9. Our eyes: Again, I don't fully know how they are able to do what they do (I learned once), but they mind boggling to be sure. I believe all those who were blind will see in heaven (and hear, and speak, and walk, etc.)
10. Spider webs: One of nature's intricate and beautiful marvels. They looks so nice, but they are ruthless traps.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention: (Based on your lists.)
    Music
    Flavors
    Sports
    Laughter
    History
    Movies
    Words

    ReplyDelete