How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 292, Oct. 19: Aches

My 10 Least Favorite
Aches & Pains
I'm feeling a little under the weather today. It's some stomach pains and a little headache. Hope it doesn't get worse (I did get the flu shot about 2 weeks ago, so we'll see if that keeps me protected from anything real bad).
1. Sore throat: My bad sinus drainage has accentuated the sore throats I've had over the years. One way back in the early 1980s nearly caused me to almost overdose on medications.
2. Headache: The worst ones really hit me hard, though I don't believe I've had a migraine, which both my dad and brother used to get.
3. Cold sores in my mouth: I get these probably once every 2-3 months. The larger ones can last weeks and disrupt eating, talking and even sleeping, sometimes.
4. Pain in the butt: I've had this off and on for the past few years. It's almost a daily, nagging pain that I know which stretches to do - even during breaks at work. But it just hangs on.
5. Wrists: I've had carpal tunnel surgery on my left one and it didn't help a whole lot. There's a tingling and soreness that crops up anytime I type too long.
6. Lower back: This has been a recurring problem for almost 20 years. Again, sitting too much at work - and probably poor posture - has contributed to this.
7. Stomach ache: This might be higher, but the worst ones I've had are usually relieved by a trip to the toilet - sitting or on my knees!
8. Knee cap burns: I spent too many days crawling around with the boys and my pets over the years so now I'll occasionally kneel in the wrong way causing a severe burning sensation 
that causes me to collapse.
9. Feet pains: Whether it's callouses, ingrown toenails or worn-out feet after too many runs, they've caused me grief.
10. Bloody noses: I don't get them as much as I used to, but when I do, they end up bothering my throat, too, so it comes full circle with my No. 1 on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment