How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 285, Oct. 12: To Infinity and Beyond

My Top 10 Favorite
"Toy Story" Characters
My favorite animated movie (all three would probably be ranked in my Top 4 or 5, but I lumped them together). Kris and I were watching "Toy Movie 3" for a while tonight on cable and it got me to thinking about all the characters I liked.
1. Woody: Yeah, probably a predictable one, but not only is the character precious, I am a huge Tom Hanks fan.
2. The Aliens: Not so predictable, I love these little green guys who worship the "claw."
3. Mr. Potato Head: They couldn't have picked a better voice than the irascible Don Rickles. And I love how parts of him fall off and go back on wrong sometimes.
4. Buzz Lightyear: He can be hilarious, but he also can be annoying. Tim Allen is "OK" on my list of comedians.
5. Sarge: The leader of the little green soldiers. Great parody of a drill sergeant, and I had a lot of those soldiers when I was a kid.
6. Rex: The excitable, wimpy dinosaur is an interesting typecast; he could have been made extra tough. I like the decision.
7. Barbie: As I told Kris, this character grew on me from the second to the third movie. She was especially good in "Toy Story 3" when she meets Ken.
8. Andy: He comes full circle in "Toy Story 3" as a young man in college. The climactic scene brings tears to my eyes as I think of my own sons growing up and moving on.
9. Mrs. Potato Head: She has her hands full with that hubby of hers but does a good (and funny) job of controlling him.
10. (Tie) Etch-a-Sketch, Mr. Spell and the Barrel of Monkeys: Just three of the dozens of imaginative characters in this magical series.

No comments:

Post a Comment