How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 270, Sept. 27: The Rich (A Taste)

Kris took this photo of me in front 
of BB King's Blues Club.
 
 10 Things I Like
About a Fancy Hotel
Kris and I splurged for one night of our vacation. We're at the Madison Hotel in downtown Memphis. It's quite amazing. I wonder what it would be like to be able to afford hotels like this on a regular basis. I guess I believe I'd lose my perspective on the real world. So, I'm glad I just get a "taste" of the rich life once in awhile. Here are 10 reasons:
1. Valet service: We drove around the block three times before realizing we could just pull up and have a valet guy park our car. And, he brought up all of our bags.
2. The lobby: Spacious and filled with character. No two old, rich hotel lobbies are the same.
3. Location: These expensive downtown hotels are wonderfully located. Kris and I walked down to Beale Street and ate at BB King's Blues Club. Great BBQ ribs!
4. The Room Part I: It smelled unbelievably good, a cross between flowers and a newly built home. And, they had chocolates 
for us on the bed!
5. The Room Part II: Very big, with a large flat-screen television. A mammoth shower head that really covers you up.
6. The Room Part III: Several fancy bottles of body items, but no shampoo. Instead, there was "Molton Brown: 
Radiant Lili-Pill Hair Wash."
7. Rooftop view: You can see the Mississippi River, over to Arkansas. There are tables if you want to take up a drink.
8. The lounge: Haven't seen it yet - Kris is taking me out for a nightcap soon - but they're always cool.
9. The treatment: They not only help you out at the desk, they open the front door for you as you arrive after stepping out. 
10. The price: It's high enough to brag about to other middle class people who just can't afford to do this very often ($250/night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment