How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 262, Sept. 19: Going South

10 Things I Want to Do
When We Go on Vacation
Kris and I are taking a long-awaited vacation starting Saturday. We are staying in Louisville (1 night), Nashville (2 nights), Memphis (1 night) and probably St. Louis or Springfield, Ill. Here are 10 things I hope we/I can do on the trip.
Visit downtown Louisville: We should get there in time to see it during daylight hours.
Do a run in Kentucky: I've taken at least a 2-mile run in about 15 states. It's a minor goal of mine to run in as many states as possible.
Visit Mammoth Caves National Park: It's on our agenda. Hope it's not a real long walk if I run earlier that morning!
Stop at a historic marker in Kentucky: I hope we're not in too much of a hurry to not do this somewhere.
See the Opryland area of Nashville: It's supposed to be pretty close to our hotel.
Visit Stones River Civil War site: It's in Murfreesboro, just a few miles outside of Nashville.
Do a run in Tennessee: It should work out that I'd do one on Tuesday morning.
See Shiloh Civil War site again: I saw this about 20 years ago and am eager to see it again. So is Kris!
See Graceland again: I saw it (in a tradeoff for seeing Shiloh) on that same trip two decades ago. Kris has never seen it, but is curious - as long as we're in Memphis.
Eat some barbecue ribs in Memphis: I've heard they have some of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment