How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 251, Sept. 8: Dustin Hoffman

My Top 10 Favorite
Dustin Hoffman Movies
I really, really liked his early stuff. Recent movies, not so much.
1. "Little Big Man." It combines some great historic western satire with comedy and great acting.
2. "Papillon." Unbelievable premise based on a true story. Steve McQueen was just as good as Hoffman.
3. "The Graduate." The perfect coming-of-age film for its era, plus the excellent soundtrack.
4. "Rain Man." He was a great choice for the main role. I'm very good at imitating the "I'm a good driver" line.
5. "Tootsie." Very funny and very touching. 
6. "Stranger Than Fiction." He played a small part, a professor, but I really liked the movie a lot.
7. "Kramer vs. Kramer." I should see this again, now that I've raised some kids in a functional family. It probably would hurt me a lot.
8. "All The President's Men." Another one I should see again because I remember being a little confused walking out of the theater.
9. "Hook." A pretty harmless, fun film for the whole family.
10. "Meet the Fockers." The opposite of No. 8, I thought it was funny. But one Focker was enough for me.
Note: Films like "Midnight Cowboy" and "Lenny" were just too depressing for me.

1 comment: