How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 248, Sept. 5: Go Long!

 My Top 10 Favorite
Wide Receivers
I loved playing football when I was young (even up to my early 30s, actually). And my favorite position was receiver. It's not surprising that I also liked watching NFL receivers make great catches.
1. Carroll Dale, Packers: Most younger fans won't even recognize this guy, but this 1960s WR left a lasting impression on a young boy from Stoughton.
2. Jerry Rice, 49ers: He was just too good to not admire.
3. Donald Driver, Packers: His upbeat attitude matches his intensity and longevity. All are good things.
4. Don Hutson, Packers: This guy played in the 1930s and pioneered a lot of the pass routes common today. He's compared to Rice by some experts.
5. Steve Largent, Seahawks: A devout Christian, Largent held most wide receiver records when he retired in 1989, most of which were broken by Rice.
6. Lynn Swann, Steelers: He was just so smooth and a class act.
7. Boyd Dowler, Packers: A teammate of Dale's, I'd imagine being one or the other when playing football with Ron Vesterdahl (who was Bart Starr).
8. Bob Hayes, Cowboys: Known in the 1960s as "the world's fastest man," after the Olympics, Hayes also was an above average receiver, who was fun to watch.
9. Paul Warfield, Browns: Also played with the Dolphins, was a great receiver with a great name.
10. Greg Jennings, Packers: Still young enough to add some nice numbers to an already strong stat sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment