How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 252, Sept. 9: Up front

 My Top 10 Favorite
Offensive Linemen
I had to do a little research on this one, although many of these were players I would have thought of without looking online.
1. Forrest Gregg, Packers: Maybe the best GB offensive lineman ever, he also coached the Packers - but not as well.
2. Mike Webster, Steelers: A Wisconsin graduate, he is commonly ranked among the best centers ever.
3. Lou Groza, Browns: Not only a great offensive tackle, he also was the team's kicker!
4. Dan Dierdorf, Cardinals: He always seemed to open the holes, and I really liked him on MNF.
5. Chad Clifton, Packers: My favorite current era offensive lineman, he's been very steady.
6. Fuzzy Thurston, Packers: Played with Gregg, was another awesome lineman - and love that nickname.
7. Chuck Bednarik, Eagles: Played from 1949-62, but I heard so much about how tough he was, he makes my list. He also played center on offense!
8. Jerry Kramer, Packers: Played with Gregg and Thurston - that 1960s/early 1970s team was one of the best ever.
9. Scott Wells, Packers: Another current player, he has a lot of durability at the center spot.
10. Anthony Munoz, Bengals: Very charismatic and powerful offensive tackle.

2 comments:

  1. Consider Bob Skoronski. Here's why: http://polishsportshof.com/inductees/football/bob-skoronski/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good suggestion. Like the link points out, he's not as well known and I overlooked him.

    ReplyDelete