How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 245, Sept. 2: Tom Hanks

 My Top 10 Favorite 
Tom Hanks' films
The film "Big" came up in conversation at work today and one of my colleagues couldn't remember if she had seen it. You don't forget "Big" if you've seen it. And, if you haven't, do so asap. Hanks has been in many of my all-time favorite films. He just knows how to pick 'em.
1. Big: It's heart-warming, funny and has a great message. I tear up at the end every time.
2. Forrest Gump: Very creative in its use of historic film footage, it also boasts one of the most memorable main characters in film history.
3. A League of Their Own: A great sports movie where Hanks gets to really show his crude side turn into jello.
4. Saving Private Ryan: Unlike most people, I loved the gritty first 40 minutes or so, as well as Hanks' performance throughout.
5. Apollo 13: I've never understood how a movie where you know exactly what's going to happen can be so suspenseful.
6. Catch Me If You Can: Based on a true story, Hanks' pairing with Leonardo DiCaprio is priceless.
7. The Green Mile: A bit too gruesome for me to rank higher, I nonetheless liked it enough to make my Top 10.
8. That Thing You Do: Just a fun, throwback type of movie.
9. Cast Away: He and the volleyball were pretty much the whole intriguing film.
10. You've Got Mail: Just beat out Sleepless in Seattle as my favorite Hanks' chick flick (unless you count A League of Their Own a chick flick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment