How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 249, Sept. 6: My fantasies

10 Reasons Why I Love
to Play Fantasy Sports
So, you were thinking something else? 
Maybe my last post ever ...
1. It's Not Real: I have a tendency to handle things in life that aren't real, better than the other way around.
2. The stats: I really can't get enough of them. 
3. The action: I can watch the Packers AND switch to other channels to see how my players are doing.
4. The camaraderie: Tonight, we drafted in my family fantasy football league. My two sons, my wife and I plus several relatives on my first wife's side of the family. Precious.
5. The unknown: You never know how the team you drafted will do. It's fun to find out.
6. Competition: Though I've never played for high stakes ($65 is the most I've EVER spent in one league), I enjoy trying to win.
7. Low stakes: Because I don't spend much ($10 in the family league), losing never hurts the billfold.
8. Trash talk: I'm not too good at it, but I enjoy others who are when they post or talk trash.
9. Pulling for the underdog: Since I've won at least once in all of my leagues, I enjoy it when someone new wins - as long as I get second!
10. There's always next season: Unlike professionals, we fantasy players can play on and on and on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment