How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 351, Dec. 17: NFL Games

NFL Games I Remember
Seeing in Person
Heading to Kansas City today with the boys and one of Shawn's friends to see the Packers play tomorrow. It's rare that I've attended an NFL game, but here are the ones I recall (and you'll see that my memory is quite foggy on exact details)
Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay, an exhibition game in about 1976 in Milwaukee. My three friends and I were thoroughly bored as I believe the final was 10-7 or something like that.
Green Bay vs. New Orleans (I believe) in a preseason game at Madison's Camp Randall Stadium. Obviously, another forgettable game, but I did cover it for the Telegraph Herald.
Cleveland vs. Minnesota in about 1988 at the Metrodome. Two friends and I went on a bus trip that also included a Minnesota-Iowa game on Saturday.
Green Bay vs. Chicago, late season game in about 1990 at Soldier Field. Another game I covered for the TH, I mostly remember a crowded postgame interview with a young Brett Favre in the tunnel next to the field.
Chicago vs. Carolina (I believe) in a mid-1990s game at Soldier Field. I took young Shawn on a bus trip for this one and had a very nice time.
Green Bay vs.Carolina, Aug. 23, 2003: The only game I've ever seen at Camp Randall, it was a preseason contest that both sons and their grandpa attended, about a month after my first wife, Jane, died. A Wahlert backer gave us free tickets in tribute to Jane.
Atlanta vs. Minnesota, at the Metrodome, in about 2008. Kris and I attended the game during a trip to Minneapolis. It was a tradeoff if I would go to the play "Jane Eyre." Was a good trade.
Green Bay at St. Louis, in 2009. The boys, one of Jay's friends and I took a quick trip like we are this weekend. Hope there's more to come down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment