How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 178, June 27: Colorful Movies


My Favorite Films
With a Color in the Title
1. "The Pink Panther": Any of the several original films with Peter Sellers in them. I refuse to see the remakes with Steve Martin. Sacriligous!
2. "The Red Badge of Courage": Also made my April 4 post on favorite war movies.
3. "Men in Black": Very funny and creative movie. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are a great team.
4. "The Green Mile": A strange, but poignant film. Once again, Tom Hanks was fantastic.
5. "The Blues Brothers": One of Kris' all-time favorites, I liked it a lot, too. Cool Chicago scenery.
6. "Soylent Green": A cheesey 1973 science-fiction film, I was pleasantly surprised to see it rated 71 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
7. "White Men Can't Jump": So very true. But a lot of us can shoot!
8. "Black Hawk Down": Very good war movie, but not quite good enough to make my April 4 post.
9. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs": Classic, and 97 percent on RT.
10. "The Color Purple": I liked Whoopi much better in "Ghost" and "Sister Act," but then, those movies were more fun. This one was tough, but memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment