How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 153, June 2: The Letter Z


Some Favorite Words
That Start With Z
Za: Short for pizza, it's one of the newer words allowed in Scrabble. It can really help!
Zanesville: A town in Ohio with a population of 25,586. It boasts the only Y-shaped bridge in the United States.
Zebra: It's a convenient Z word, but it's also an amazing animal when you think about it.
Zeke: Bratkowski, the former backup QB to former Green Bay Packers QB Bart Starr. My dad used to like laughing about Zeke, but he was a capable backup.
Zeppelin: The flying contraption is pretty cool, but I like this word more for the band Led Zeppelin.
Zimmer: As in Don, the former Boston Red Sox manager and longtime baseball figure. Not the most handsome man in the world, but you'd want him on your team.
Zinfandel: A red wine I grew to finally enjoy without putting ice cubes in the glass. That's right, ice cubes!
Zodiac: Not something I follow for real, but the whole astrology thing is very interesting.
Zonked: A fun word that I believe showed up once in a while during fights on the old Batman TV show.
Z.Z. Top: Great rock group. My friends Ed and Merry and I went back in time a couple of years ago and saw them perform in Dubuque. Great memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment